Thursday, December 26, 2013

A little bit of luck....

.... some breaks on the officiating, poor finishing by Liverpool and great saves by Joe Hart combined to put City clear into second place.  I watched the match with a Liverpool fan, my father in law and our kids.  Wow, what a match!  My father in law, who is not a fan of the sport at all, found it to be a fascinating game.  Both side were playing wide open and a lot of chances were created. Liverpool are definitely a dangerous side, and should be proud of their performance.  The result certainly may have been different if not for an egregious offside against them in the first half when their man was clear through.

But we'll take it!  And closing in at the top of the table.  We'll hope for a draw in the Liverpool v. Chelsea match this weekend and hope that our side keep their perfect home record intact.

BTW, am I the only one who thought that Kolarov's defending was atrocious?!  I there were at least two mistakes that should have resulted in Liverpool goals.  I hope the boss watches the tape and decides to put Clichy back in the starting eleven!

No comments:

Post a Comment